Your donation will help us ensure that future generations can enjoy healthy oceans and healthy communities. Please click the button below to arrive at your preferred payment option.
Which aspects of our work would you like to support?
Oceans Research and Outreach:
A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued by Tides Canada Initiatives.
- Conducting scientific research and reports
- Mapping and analysis of valued ecosystem components
- Removing marine debris and abandoned fishing gear from northern Vancouver Island beaches
- Building markets for sustainable seafood
No tax receipt is available.
- Advocating for habitat for threatened and endangered marine mammals
- Negotiating for protected areas to rebuild fish stocks
- Advocating for a national energy strategy that will put an end to tanker projects
- Pushing for legal reform to rebuild Canada’s gutted environmental legislation
You can become a monthly supporter and save all the paper work—and paper—that's involved in these appeals for help. For the price of a couple of lattes each month, your gift will help us build a reliable base of core support for all of our work.
How Your Donation Helps
Your support keeps the wind in our sails and will help us to move salmon farms to closed containment, keep the coast oil tanker free and keep protecting all the national treasures of Canada's coasts.
Here are some of our recent highlights:
- Our Finding Coral Expedition culminated in a deal with the bottom trawl fishery to protect corals and sponges. Now, we have arguably the most sustainable bottom trawl industry in the world!
- Our testimony at the Cohen Commission resulted in clear recommendations from Justice Cohen for the removal of open net-cage salmon farms from the Wild Salmon Narrows
- Our work with Canada Safeway resulted in them joining the list of retailers who will only sell sustainable seafood
- We exposed the illegal iron fertilization scheme carried out by “entrepreneur” Russ George off Haida Gwaii and alerted the public to the danger of ocean acidification posed by such reckless experimentation
- Our relentless research and media work helped counter Big Oil’s public relations offensive in support of pipelines and super tankers to the B.C. coast.