Position Based in: Vancouver
Term: Temporary full-time (3 months with possible extension)
Starting Date: Mid-January 2013
Salary: To be Discussed
Application Deadline: December 13th, 2013
How To Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to:
Living Oceans Society
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by fax: 604-696-5045
Roles and Responsibilities:
Living Ocean Society is seeking a creative, business-savvy individual for the position of Business Development Intern with the Sea to Fork program – a Vancouver-based community supported fishery in development stage. Responsibilities will include conducting a detailed market analysis and competitive/cooperative analysis to help inform the program’s final business plan, as well as aid in the development of a strategic marketing strategy for Sea to Fork. The position reports to the Sustainable Seafood Campaign Manager.
Sea to Fork will be a community supported fishery (CSF) that aims to increase local market access for local, sustainably produced seafood by connecting fishermen directly with local consumers. The CSF model most closely parallels that of community supported agriculture (CSA) programs, however it must account for the variability of seafood production practices and the unique characteristics of seafood products.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong background in business development and market analysis
• Previous experience working with enterprising non-profits
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work well individually and as a team member
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed environment
• Tendency to think outside the box and be a problem solver
• Knowledge of fisheries, aquaculture, seafood systems and/or local food systems is a definite asset, but not required.