Reports to: Clear the Coast Project Manager
Position Based in: Sointula, B.C.
Term: Temporary full-time (14 weeks, 40 hours/week)
Starting Date: May 13th
Application Deadline: May 2nd, 2014
Living Oceans Society, through the Canada Summer Jobs Program, is seeking an individual who is passionate about the ocean, interested in marine conservation, and is knowledgeable about Living Oceans' programs to work in our Sointula office this summer. This position reports to the Clear the Coast program coordinator. Clear the Coast is Living Oceans’ campaign aimed at raising awareness of the threat to the marine environment from marine debris, communicating solutions, and coordinating volunteers around beach clean-ups on Northern Vancouver Island. The successful applicant will assist with our Clear the Coast program, conduct public outreach work, and participate fully in the summer activities of Living Oceans.
How To Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume by email: email@example.com or by fax: 250-973-6581
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Field work (includes deploying and monitoring debris collection bags at alternating sites)
- Coordinating beach clean-up events, including youth events
- Sorting debris by plastic types, recording debris data
- Uploading new Clear the Coast reports to online map
- Social Media and other Clear the Coast outreach
- Assisting with tabling at local events
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA – Applicants from outside Canada please indicate your eligibility options in your cover letter (i.e. NAFTA work visa, skilled worker visa, etc.).